Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Of Quilting and Exercising

Well, I've been working away on Brett's quilt. I have put all the pieces together, and been quilting the top! Free motion quilting is so much fun! I was a little worried that I would be terrible at it, and worried because I hadn't tried it at all...and I was just going to jump in on Brett's quilt. Finally I decided just to do a little practice...and it wasn't perfect, but I'm having so much fun and getting better! I'm almost done quilting the top! I'll show pictures soon. Hoping to finish it (binding and all!) on Friday.

In other news...since I quit my second job, I have been looking for something working with kids. I have applied to many, and a few positive responses! Hoping for an interview with a montessori in the next week - it's looking very promising! Hopefully it pays more than $8. :P

Andrew and I are trying to get more exercise. We walked three miles this morning. And this is the fourth morning (not in a row, but in the last week and a half), and the first that we've added some jogging! I love being married to that boy! He is so encouraging and willing to do so much for me! I like my jobs of personal chef, personal shopper, housecleaner...and now adding personal trainer! :D If only I could find a way to quilt while exercising...now that would be great!

Brett and I have started an Etsy shop. Not much on there now, but a few things from the wedding. The prices are a little high, but I'm a little worried about how much the shipping will cost and I put the shipping kind of low for what I'm estimating it'll be. There will eventually be lots of cute and comfy things from me, Brett and Megan! If you want to just take a look, here is the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment