Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tiny Things!

When my friends, Brett and Emily, and I went on the quilt shop tour, I came across this SUPER cute little pattern of socks on a clothes line. It's teeny! Tiny! And Adorable.


I immediately thought, "I should find other tiny prints and do something with it!" So before I even bought it, I started keeping my eyes open, and came across several more prints. None AS cute as the original, but still pretty cute. So I collected them.


I wanted to use a pattern that didn't overwhelm the small prints, but that also wasn't too busy. So many small things can easily become too much. So I threw in some bright solids. I think it came out pretty well!


I've also been really wanting to try out a quilting pattern I've heard called "orange peel", but I'm not sure if it's the official title or just the one blogger. :P It seemed like something with same size squares would make this pattern work well, so I tried it with some bright, color changing thread. I love how it turned out!


The patterned green backing was what was leftover from the baseball quilt. It wasn't quite wide enough, so I added a strip of green. It actually worked pretty well! It turned out a *little* crooked after the quilting and square-ing up, but it adds charm. :) You can find it for sale here

And here is a sneak peek at me next project...


Apparently I'm on a "small pieces" kick. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment