Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Baby Quilt!

I decided to use some fabric I had bought about 6 months ago for the baby quilt. It's super cute green, blue and yellow. Perfect for an adorable little boy! I spent about an hour designing this quilt, then got to cutting it out Monday afternoon.



Yesterday started sewing the blocks together and ironing open the seams (have never done this, usually I think it takes too much time, but I want this to be the most perfect quilt ever!)...

And today I have the whole top pieced! This is the quickest I have ever put together a quilt. Granted, it is smaller than my normal attempts, and the blocks are rather large, but it still came together really quickly! I'm proud of it.


Now I just have to decide what to use as a backing. Soft flannel or the super soft fuzzy fabric. I don't want it to be too thick and stiff, so if I use the super soft and fuzzy fabric, I don't think I'm going to use any batting. Jury is still out on whether I'm going to tie it or quilt it. And now that I'm looking at it, it looks rather large for a baby quilt...but I guess maybe that's a good thing and Jed can use it for more than just his first year.

I've also started working on a yo-yo quilt. No pictures yet, but I have 21 yo-yos sewn. Of course, it takes about 3000 for a good, queen-sized blanket. But it's a fun, on-the-go project!

Andrew worked 60 hours last week. And that's not even counting the time he spends at home working on stuff, that's just at the office. :-/ He does get a break this weekend though, going to Rob's bachelor party with Jason. :) They're leaving Friday morning. I'm having a girls night with Kelsey and Ana Friday, and not telling anyone I'm free Saturday cause I want to spend the whole day quilting! :) Just feeding my addiction I guess...

1 comment:

  1. Love that! the quilt and the statement "not telling anyone I'm free Saturday cause I want to spend the whole day quilting!" I can just picture you sequestered in your cute apt. busily stitching away. :)
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete