Sunday, September 25, 2011

I Don't Like Quilting!

Andrew left yesterday morning quilt I was at work for Rob's bachelor party with Jason. Leaving me all alone! :( But I got off work at 3, picked up Ana, and we hung out with Josiah til about 5:15. :D So adorable! Then Ana and I picked up Kelsey and we all (including Chance!) came up to my place and I made dinner and failed (for the 4th time!) to make ice cream. I don't know why sometimes I do well with ice cream and sometimes I don't. I've used this recipe before, even made sure I saved it because I knew how to do it...and it still didn't work! :( But we had fun catching up and watched a girly movie.

So this is what the house looks like after the girls come over! I spent a little time cleaning up today...but going to dedicate more time tomorrow before Andrew gets home. :P


I took the girls back to slo at 10:30 and then stayed up til 2...quilting! :P I just love this sewing machine. My wonderful mother-in-law gave it to me and I had it cleaned this week, and now it is running WONDERFULLY! :D I got my free-motion foot and Andrew and I were trying to figure out how to put it on the other night.


The patterned flannel didn't quite fit the quilt top I made, so I added a strip of blue...which turned out perfectly because I was considering adding a bible verse and couldn't figure out where to put it...usually when I add writing, I find a style I like on my computer, print it, and then copy it in pencil.


Trying to make a "real" quilt...like I mentioned before, with batting and actually quilting the quilt instead of just tying like I usually do. I watched a whole season of The Mentalist while working on this quilt...


I bought 50 curved safety pins to put the three pieces together...and they still weren't enough! Had to use almost as many straight pins. And still things didn't go as I had planned! Ugh. I went through many emotions today while working on this quilt! Lots of floor time and my knee was hurting and cracking...my back was hurting, I was excited to piece it and it looked so good with the hand-sewn verse on the back...so cute! And pinning it went well...but then I started quilting.

 
In the three hours it took me to quilt this thing (I decided on a sort of grid pattern with green and blue thread), I went from being excited to hating quilting! Usually I get on Andrew's case for being a perfectionist, but today I realized I don't like quilting because it makes things look bad! Geez. Everything looked so great, but once I started quilting, everything bunched up and turned crooked...ugh. It was not cool. Still not...but now that it is done, it looks...OK.

This is me attempting to roll the quilt so I can quilt it...


Here is the front and back...they clash a little I guess...but they're fun!


And here is the finished bible verse strip on the back...


I thought I would include a picture of my "stash" of fabrics. :) For future quilts...


And a picture of some squares of a quilt a friend is making for me and Andrew...friends and family signed it at our wedding and she's going to put it together for us! It's so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment