Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Creative* Day!

Saturday Brett, Megan, and I had a "craft" day. However, none of us did crafts, so I'm changing the name. Not sure what to change it to, so I'm going with Creative Day for now. Brett and I quilted and Megan worked on a super cute hexie crochet blanket! We invited four other girls, but two were out of town, one was working, and the other couldn't get away from her two year old. :/ Maybe another time...

We did have a great time just the three of us, however. My cute hubby was there in the morning and we teased him while he ignored us at his computer. :P He says he gets distracted easily...but lately he's been super focused and when we said his name he'd look up - a little dazed - and say, "huh?" :D He's working so hard to put this business together!

Anyway, some fun pictures of our projects!

Brett, you have met: Isn't her quilt amazing?!
 Introducing, Megan! Isn't that little hexie adorable? She had a nice pile by the end of the day.
 Bits and pieces of my work spot for the day...the wedding quilt continues to take form...
 I also worked on some more owl pincushions! I didn't use the same template I used last time...I cut out something I thought would turn out similar to my original...but he is very skinny and has horns. :P He falls over a lot. Not great. So I tried widening the pattern...and apparently made him taller, and there is the pink one for you! Haha. Unibr-owl has some strange looking relatives. I gave the pink one to Brett. I'm thinking I'll fine-tune my pattern and host a little tutorial when I finish with this quilt...

After the girls left Sat night I decided to baste my quilt...and found that I had not done my math well. :( By quilt top was too wide for any of the batting I had! Blerg. The consequences of imperfectionism. I always estimate everything and Andrew keeps telling me I'm going to get in trouble...and I always do. :P So I ended up performing surgery and suturing on some extra batting to one of the sides...
Man, that job is tedious. :P

I'm about halfway done with the quilting, I think. Will finish tomorrow. I'm kind of excited. We're having another...Creative Day this Saturday (my hubby is going to the bachelor party for this wedding and leaving sat early afternoon) and I may actually be able to make a bag! Or start my next quilt...and I actually already have all the fabric...

No comments:

Post a Comment