Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Still No Pictures

Sorry about that. I'm currently at work! Very blessed to be able to hang out with Kelly for a job, and we were super busy last night, so tonight we're staying in. :)

Since my goal was to write at least once a week, I nearly missed it! Wednesday to Wednesday...

Today I am feeling talkative! So let's get started!

I started off my day by hanging out with little Isaiah - he's about a year old. I'm his first babysitter and his mom was a little worried he wouldn't handle it well...but he was happy and we had fun the whole hour and a half - Mom got to run, shower and get dishes done! :)

From there I headed downtown to have lunch with Alyssa, then I helped her with Josiah (2 and a half) at the library. He is active and Mom can't pick out books while watching him. :P

From THERE, I headed over to Kate's and helped her with Jedidiah. :) He's three months old! So little! :) Helped put him down for nap and with dishes, then we caught up! :)

Then I came to work. It's been lazy since then.

However, my conclusion is this...moms need help, and I LOVE helping! :) I offer, and I am glad they take me up on that. I think this is part of my personality from the Lord, but it is also part of my beliefs. I believe as Christians, we need to help one another. But not in an obligatory, do-something-I-don't-want-to-do sort of way! We are all given gifts and time (whether it's a lot or a little, and right now, I'm blessed with a lot). If we use our gifts for people when we have the time, not only are they blessed, but so are we! I love kids, and I love moms. So why not use my gifts? :) Andrew gets to use his gifts for his job as well (I believe both my jobs fit well with my gifts, not just my extracurriculars). We're very blessed!

Well...I've also mentioned that I want to include more "cooking." :) So here is a recipe that Andrew LOVES and is easy! (Not my personal favorite, not sure why...)

Crescent Chicken 
Serves 4 (two per person)
From the Holly table


2 containers of crescent rolls
8 oz cream cheese
2 c cooked chicken
1/4 c milk
4 Tbsp butter, melted
2 Tbsp green onions, finely chopped


Preheat oven to 350. Mix cream cheese with mild and butter until smooth, then add chicken and green onions. Place crescent rolls on baking sheet. Do not separate completely. Each container has eight triangle crescents. Keep two together making a rectangle, press seam together (I find pinching it together and laying it flat to one side works best). I also stretch these a little so they're a little bigger. You will have eight crescents total. Evenly distribute chicken and cream mixture into the center of these. Pull up the corners so they meet in the middle and twist the top to make a pocket. Bake for 12-15 min. Let cool slightly (the insides are boiling lava for the first five min at least! Too many a burnt tongue from these babies...).
ENJOY! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment