Monday, February 13, 2012

Food!

So! Here are some pictures of the Negamaki...they tasted as good as they look! Ingredients: 1lb flank steak (plus seasoning), carrots and asparagus! I'm feeling lazy and don't want to put in the recipe...how about this? IF anyone wants it, you can email me!

Here is my boring shot...

And Hubby's artistic one:
He makes it look so delicious! :D And I made it TASTE delicious. I guess you can't be good at everything. :D

We celebrated Valentine's today because I work tomorrow night. I asked him if I could plan it this year and he jumped on it. :P (Apparently after his epic picnic/learning a song on the guitar of two years ago, the creative juices have yet to replenish :P). So I decided right away that I would make his favorite...Indian Chicken Tikka Masala. He gets it every time we eat at an Indian place, and when Tandy (my lovely mil) is around, he requests Indian (because she will pay for it! :P). And I can't really argue with him...It is super tasty. He has brought culture to my life! I grew up with American and Mexican. Good, but he has added Thai and Indian, and it makes our dinner choices broader! 

ANYWAY!

I ordered the main spice on Amazon because neither Vons nor Albertsons carried it and I figured if they didn't, none of the smaller stores would either. It was supposed to arrive last Tues. And Amazon said it did. Delivered to our front door. But while my other ordered package arrived that day, this did not show up (garam masala). Finally, when we were heading out of town Friday, I complained to Andrew (I didn't tell him what it was, he just knew I was missing something) and he suggested that they had delivered to the front office of our apartment complex. Since we were out of town all weekend, I finally got to check this morning...and they didn't have it either!

Panic is setting in. My plans! Andrew's dinner! :(

After babysitting Isaiah this morning, I went to Food 4 Less, Trader Joes and then was headed for a last ditch attempt at Ralphs (running out of time before I had to leave for work...ended up being 10 min late :/). When I passed World Market! Oh man, they saved me. And the price was about 1/4 what Amazon charged me. :P {side note: we love Amazon. If we could buy everything from there, we probably would. This is the first time we've ever had trouble}.

SO...

After all this and much more (but this post is already very wordy and I may have lost some of my few readers...), dinner was absolutely delicious! It genuinely tasted they way they serve it at some of the restaurants we went to! So: Chicken Tikka Masala, Basmati Rice (with lemon and cilantro), and homemade naan! Yummy! 


Andrew was very impressed and highly pleased.

Success!

And he's currently doing the dishes. :D Wonderful Hubby! Or Wubby. :D

And we have Trader Joe's creme brulee in chocolate cups for dessert!

1 comment:

  1. The nan looks outstanding! You're making my mouth water.

    Nampa

    ReplyDelete